4th SAXONIA Record Festival, Flensburg 1998
record attempts in
new world records.
New World Records:
- Speed Balloon Modelling: speed record for 100 balloon "dogs":
Ralf Laue (Germany) 15:35 minutes (DETAILS
Salvatore Sabatino won the one hour balloon sculpturing contest with
296 figures (new world record).
- Truck pulling with one finger:
(Denmark) pulled a truck weighting 8560 kg for a distance of 15.20 m
(16 yd 1 ft 10 in)
- Most "voices" by a ventriloquist:
set a new record with ten voices.
- Memorizing spoken numbers (digits were spoken in one second intervals):
Dominic O'Brien (Great Britain), memory world champion, with 68
- Phone book tearing: Georges
(Luxemburg), teared a phone book of 782 pages into 10 pieces.
- One Finger Lift: George
(Denmark) 323 kg (712 lb)
- Push-Ups on fresh eggs: Johann Schneider (Austria), 101
QUICKTIME VIDEO (640 kB)
/ AVI VIDEO (840 kB)
- Speed Painting: Gero Hilliger
(Germany), the fastest portrait cartoonist made speed portraits
of the festival's visitors. His fastest portrait was one of 5.19 seconds
(new world record).
"Records For Everyone":
- 50 m Beer Barrel Rolling: Herbert Christophersen, 19.87 sec
- Changing 4 wheels of a car without electrical tools: Ulrich Haas,
- 25 m Office Chair Pulling: Rudi Scholz, 5.33 sec
- Compact Disc Throwing: Kim Flatow, 66.75 m (73 yd)
- Billiard Queue Throwing: Dan Kornblum, 43.10 m (47 yd 5 in)
- Hartmut Kiele (Germany) tried to balance a football on his head
for more than 45:32 minutes. He did not reach a new world record, but 19
minutes was also an impressive achievement.
- Paul Sahli (Switzerland) failed to improve his own record for
football juggling while climbing up a ladder (
). He was just six steps away from the 103rd step of a ladder which would
have been a new world record.
- Ralf Laue (Germany) could not improve his own record as a
- Manfred Wagner (Switzerland), (
) had bad luck with his record attempts for juggling a billiard ball and
a golf ball with feet. He has juggled them just a few minutes - too short
for a world record.
- Jean Marie Lievonnen (France) could not break his own record
for pancake high tossing (8.60 m (9 yd 1 ft 3 in)), but the spectators
had a lot of fun with this record attempt.
- Friedrich Konrad (Austria) (
) lifted a 150 kg (330 lb) beer barrel. Unfortunately, he had some
problems with the shape of the barrel. For this reason, he could not achieve
a new world record of 155 kg (341 lb).
to the World Record Homepage