Rekord-Klub SAXONIA Rules
- This is a solo event, for opening 1000 letters as fast as possible. The record is for the fastest time to open
1000 closed letters.
- The envelopes should be of standard commercial dimensions (minimum 110 mm X 160 mm, maximum
125 mm X 180 mm). They can contain one ore more sheets of paper, but it is not obligatory.
- The letter must be opened by hand, without special machines. The tool for opening can be a knife or
anything similar (screwdriver etc.)
- Opened letters MUST NOT be cut into more than one piece. If a letter is not opened correctly, a judge
should add an additional letter to the stack of closed letters.
- No help is allowed for sorting the envelopes or taking them from a stack.
World Records from 1992 to now
68:12 min. Lothar Stieler (Berlin) 24-05-92 in Berlin (Germany)
41:11 min. Arnd Neßler (Schwedt) 02-09-95 in Schwedt (Germany)
33:56 min. Ralf Laue (Leipzig) 08-06-96 in Pelhrimov (Czech Republic)
29:03 min. Ralf Laue (Leipzig) 14-07-96 in Flensburg (Germany)
Contest at the Record Festival in Schwedt (2 Sept
1. Arnd Neßler 41:11 min.
2. Katrin Gläser 45:20 min.
3. Ralf Laue 45:23 min.
Back to the World Record Homepage
Back to "Members and Records"